Thursday, May 12, 2011

UFC 130 – Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson – Fight Breakdown and Prediction



Let’s start off by looking at the records. Mir’s record currently stands at 14-5-0
And Nelson’s record is 15-5-0. As for their physical attributes, Mir is 6’3 and
weighs 252 lbs. Nelson has a slight height disadvantage coming in at 6’0, but
has the weight advantage at 263 lbs. The 3 inch height difference is sure to give
Mir a little reach advantage as well. Both fighters have great ground games, but
I believe Mir to be a little better and faster with his submission executions. I think that Nelson will want to keep this fight standing. He has a pretty good chin and can take a punch. I think Mir will go for the take downs and look to submit Nelson. The one thing that I really hope is that Nelson doesn’t get in Mir’s guard and just lay on him. Mir is coming off a big win over Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, while Nelson is coming off of a loss to current top ranked heavy weight, Junior Dos Santos. To wrap up, Nelson will go for the KO or TKO while Mir looks for the submission. I am going to say that Nelson’s jiu jitsu will be good enough to defend against Mir’s submission attempts. I will also say that I think Nelson will win via TKO in the 2nd round.

Contributed by Larry Brown

1 comment:

  1. Please seek a personal relationship with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete